- Have you considered whether your new home is suitable for your pet?
- Outdoor space and access.
- Inside space and the ability to close off certain areas of the house.
- Pets are highly sensitive and become stress by changes in their environment. On removal day pets can be upset by:
- A lack or change of routin
- Strangers (e.g. Removal company employees).
- Change of territory.
Considering their needs:
- Its often best to send them to a familiar person or a kennel for a few days while you move.
- You should place smaller pets in a quiet place during removal.
- Keeping cats inside while your moving means they wont wander outside and means. they will be around when you actually need to leave.
When the move is over:
- Take them into rooms that they are allowed into, and show them their new bed.
- It’s important that you get them back into their old daily routine as quickly as possible.
- Before you let cats out, keep them inside for at least 24 hours.
- It’s a good idea to keep dogs on a lead while you walk them until they are familiar with their new surroundings.
- Secure the garden.
- Identity tag and or microchip details need to be changed.
- If you have pet insurance your policy provider will also need to be updated with your new address.
- Sign up with your nearest veterinary.
© Copyrights 2016 AA Auckland Carriers
Powered by themekiller.com watchanimeonline.co